Re-Knitting: Cap Sleeve Lattice Top

And now, for something completely different…

At long last, I present, my second sweater!!


This is the sweater that made me want to learn to knit, the Cap Sleeve Lattice Top from the Purl Bee. I took some classes about a year and a half ago, and cast this on in July 2013. And then in the fall, I finished knitting, and tried it on. Disaster! I'm sorry I didn't take a photo, but the yoke line basically cut right across my bust, and didn't really look all that great. My lattice portion was pretty uneven, and basically it would have been unwearable.


But desperate times call for desperate measures, and I knew I had to persevere. This pattern is knit from the back, over the shoulders and down the front. I carefully snipped off the lattice at the back, added on in length, re-knit the lattice portion, added the same amount of length to the front, and grafted to my original front. Do not ask me how long this project took, fortunately for my sanity, I don't keep track!


The front - check out the eyelets at the hem!

The back. It's pretty much the same as the front.

There are things that are not perfect with this top, but I am very happy with my final result none the less. It's wearable, looks how I wanted it to, and is done. Three for three, I say!

The pattern was easy to follow, and the video tutorials on the Purl Bee are short, sweet and to the point. The mattress stitch one was the best I found, it actually made sense!


You can find my very sketchy Ravelry notes here, you can tell I'm a novice knitter - they are a bit vague now that I look at them again.

I haven't started a new project yet, but I think I'm hooked! Back to sewing next time, though!


Comments

  1. I've just started making my second version of this top. I'm knitting it in the round though. Yours looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I toyed with knitting in the round as well, but as a novice, decided to stick to the instructions! If there is a next time, I'd definitely try it, though.

      Delete
  2. I love the colours and textures. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet - I have some info you might be interested in - drop me a line at contactc.anderson at gmail.com and I'll pass it along!

      Delete
  3. There you go! One more sewist who has successfully transitioned to knitting. I really hope to become one of them too, soon.

    Also, this feels very "you". You must be increasingly happy with your wardrobe now, Chloe. You probably never have those closet-full-of-clothes-and-nothing-to-wear days -- only closet-full-of-clothes-and-can't-choose-among-all-the-amazing-possibilities days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you to say! Sadly, I still have those days of closet indecision, but I'm making strides, I think. And knitting - it's a different mind set, and I'm really enjoying it. Nice and portable, I'm sure you will get hooked too!

      Delete
  4. This looks great! Kudos to you for pressing on and making it wearable. I'm a beginning knitter too and this is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I had to put it aside for a good long while, but in the end it was worth it. And being a beginner at something is pretty fun - even when we make mistakes, I think! Hope your knitting is going well, too.

      Delete
  5. This is so you! The cut, the colours, everything! Well done Miss Chloe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts